Monday, January 31, 2011

Winter fun.

If you have driven down by Lake Ellyn you may have seen skaters on the lake. I have to be honest, I have been really wanting to lace up my CCM Tacks, grab a stick and shoot the puck around. So far it has been something I have wanted to do, but since I have not looked for my skates, the likelihood of seeing me on the lake is not good..

Winter activities look really good from warm spots like your car, home or on TV; I just really seem to enjoy the warm months. When we hear of a blizzard coming our way in the next day, this is one of the only times I would like to be in the elements. I would love to go shoot photos of stuck cars, snow drifts and all of the pictures you see from storms long ago. Sick thought I know, but it is appealing as a photographer.

Part of me is having trouble believing we are really going to get this storm, but I know our kids are sending as many prayers as they can out to whomever will listen. They want to make snowmen, sled and be out of doors....what they don't understand is, they will be literally blown away if the forecasters are right and 50 mile an hour winds are part of the storm.

The good news is...when the storm has passed, the sledding will be incredible if we can find large hills; I know the hill at Newton Park will be very crowded as it always is during the winter. Hmm...could be fun to photograph for "Our Town"

I am not sure of the largest storm that's hit Glen Ellyn, but I would have to assume it was the storm in 1967---we had nearly 2 feet. Can you imagine?

Whether or not the storm comes or passes, you can be sure it will bring out the risk takers. They will be on the lake, in the streets, and around the town. I have to say, they might just see me with my trusty Nikon camera---I cannot wait for the storm.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment